Child Contact

At Maria Fogg Family Law we seek to resolve child disputes as amicably and swiftly as possible to prevent any distress to the child and their parents. Parents can agree child arrangements between themselves. Sadly due to individual circumstances or a variety of other reasons parents may not be able to agree on residence, contact or other issues involving the child(ren).

Our Family solicitors can provide expert legal advice and negotiate a solution with the other parent or their solicitor. If the dispute cannot be resolved Court Proceedings can be issued for a Judge to make a decision into an Order.

Types of Orders

Child Arrangements Order – this application is usually made when a parent or family member wishes to have contact with a child, or wishes for the child to live with them.

Specific Issue Order – this application is usually made when there is one specific problem that a parent or family member requires the Courts help with. For example, this may include, changing a child’s name or obtaining consent to take a child on holiday.

Prohibited Steps Order – this application is usually made to prevent an action happening. This may be to prevent a parent taking the children out of the country.
Any Order the Court makes in respects of a child must be in the best interests of the child and the child’s welfare is the Courts paramount consideration.

At Maria Fogg Family Law we have a wealth of experience dealing with child matters such as residence, contact problems, child abduction and other child related issues.

Legal Aid Funding

Our Firm offers Legal Aid funding for Child Arrangements if you meet the criteria. If you are not eligible for Legal Aid then you have the option to fund the matter privately. We offer fixed fee competitive.

Please contact us for further information and advice.